I am a treasure hunter in Arizona

smithka50

Jun 21, 2024
I recently found a candelabra with 4 stamps. I know it is pewter but wondering age and if it is worth anything. Any thoughts?
IMG_4248.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4247.jpeg
    IMG_4247.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4246.jpeg
    IMG_4246.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post. So, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country)...
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS over to WHAT'S IT WORTH? for more exposure.

tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum NEW MEMBER INSTRODUCTIONS Description: New to TreasureNet? Introduce yourself to our community here! Welcome aboard and Happy Hunting!

Welcome to Tnet.

I don’t recognise the maker, nor know how much it might be worth, but it’s not an old piece. The first touch mark says “ETAIN 95%” and “étain” is the French word for “tin/pewter” (the accent isn’t usually placed on an upper case ‘E’). The 95% designation means it contains that proportion of tin in the alloy and is only seen on pieces from the later part of the 20th Century onwards… generally not before the 1970s.

As such, it's value is likely to be derived from it usefulness and decorative appeal rather than as a collector's item.

For what it's worth.
Seems that the 3 arm Pewter Candelabras asking prices range from low $20-$100.
The style and finish for the piece shown, I'd be pricing it on the lower end of the price points.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back