I almost skipped over it.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday evening I managed to get out for a short hunt just before sunset. I was going to hunt around an old church then realized it was Wednesday, which means folks would be at the church. So I thought to myself: The only other thing folks around here seem to take seriously is sports, which means no practice or games. So I headed to a local sports park. I noticed I was finding a lot of nickels which tells me the place hadn't been hunted very well. I was doing OK finding clad around the consession stand and such, but the big batting cage net kept gabbing my attention, especially since it wasn't metal. I dug a few coins, and a little brass looking charm, then I went over what I thought was a pop tab mascurading as another nickel. It was kind of scratchy but still in the range of possibility, plus I like to clear out most of the trash just to be sure. Much to my surprise what I expected to be canslaw was a 10k gold ring (weight 5.5 grams).
tmp_17696-20160630_110426-1664614597.jpgtmp_17696-VZM.IMG_20160629_2127592125003627.jpg

Upvote 28
Congrats on your bodacious gold ring (a real keeper) - clad & brass charm finds & thanks for sharing your pictures and story with us & I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

Awesome. I am drawn to trashy places myself, seems like they are just waiting for a hunter who has the patience to find what others overlooked. Nice ring.

Sweet gold! Congrats!
My last 10K rang up as a solid nickel, but the reading was a little different. Dig those odd signals!

Saaaaaaweeeeet!

Sweet Gold! :occasion14:

Bet you were happy to see yellow in the hole. Very nice

I love those pop tab signals! Nice ring!! Gold! Congrats and HH

Great find makes ya wonder how many rings or great finds I may have passed up Lots of pop tops where I go I still dig but if my time is limited like an hour or two Ill only dig the 38 to 53 on my AT Pro. Today I had an hour I dug 37 pop tops and a washer!!!!!

Congratualtions on the gold! :occasion14:

Way to go. Yeah, I'm now a believer in digging all probable pull tab/nickel 50's signals since striking gold twice in a two weeks at those readings. Nice catch with the gold band.

Great find makes ya wonder how many rings or great finds I may have passed up Lots of pop tops where I go I still dig but if my time is limited like an hour or two Ill only dig the 38 to 53 on my AT Pro. Today I had an hour I dug 37 pop tops and a washer!!!!!
Maybe this is why I haven't found any jewelry or gold yet. Haha. I HATE digging pop tabs! Usually I don't dig them if I'm short on time. Guess I better start!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back