Hurricane Helene.....

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Hurricane Helene is making a beeline for North Florida, somewhere between the big bend and Tallahassee.

This puts us on the West end aka clean end. But we are still forecasted to get winds up to 110 MPH.

So to all our fellow Florida members and those inland (Georgia, South Carolina) in the storm path, we wish you safe passage.

Everyone stay safe, heed evacuation orders, and heed safety and weather alerts.

Hurricane Helene is making a beeline for North Florida, somewhere between the big bend and Tallahassee.

This puts us on the West end aka clean end. But we are still forecasted to get winds up to 110 MPH.

So to all our fellow Florida members and those inland (Georgia, South Carolina) in the storm path, we wish you safe passage.

Everyone stay safe, heed evacuation orders, and heed safety and weather alerts.
Stay safe & dry.

anyone effected member s ?
I wasn’t personally, but a lot of my close friends and gf family was. I live in Ybor and wasn’t affected. Friends and family on redington shores right in the beach and st Pete. Lots of sand/water in the house and outside property destroyed. 😢

I know many innocent folks were affected. Many folks also had beach houses that had previously been destroyed by hurricanes and repaired/rebuilt with presumably insurance $$ several times over. I see a lot of footage of businesses and homes on timber piles situated over ocean water.

Around my area, when many homes are destroyed by natural disasters, the insurance companies drop coverage.

I know there is a FEMA Flood Insurance Program.

I wonder how it is in these areas prone to cyclic destruction? Just stating the obvious.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back