Fattony315

May 17, 2013
Up state ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to a few sites that we detected (so have many others). I dug every repeatable signal. Didn't think I would find much, but this is my finds. image.jpegimage.jpeg

Upvote 17
Always something there!! Nice job. [emoji106]

HH RN

Nice finds, I always go back now, I didn't at first.

I guess it all comes down to what you or others call "valuable".
To me, "valuable" is having the time and the place. Finds are a bounce.

HH RN

Ive never been to a "hunted out" site. Congrats

Your sash buckle collection seems to be growing pretty quickly. Nice finds bro.

Congratulations on the nice relic hunt! :occasion14:

That is the best way to hunt, dig all repeatable signals! Remember, even the best machines can "lie" to you with VID, TID and depth. The only really way to know what is under your coil is to dig all repeatable signals. Will you dig more junk, yes; but your cool finds will increase exponentially as you demonstrated in your photos.

GL & HH

VICTORIAN SASH BUCKLE HALF AND A FINE OLE GIMLET . NICE FINDS .

Gotta love it when you hear those words " sure you can hunt but it's been hunted out" lol

nice saves!

Nice digs, now go back there after a soaking rain and hit it in a different direction. You'll be amazed at what you missed on previous hunts.

I take hunted out spots as a challenge and I'm not the most finely tuned detectorist nor do I have the most depth on my detector but I always manage to eek something out of the ground. Kudos to you for having that same thought on detected out spots. You found some pretty obvious targets that others have missed,well done.

Hunted-out translates to cherry-picked in my mind.

What's the snowflake type item, jewelry? :icon_thumleft:

I take hunted out spots as a challenge and I'm not the most finely tuned detectorist nor do I have the most depth on my detector but I always manage to eek something out of the ground.

Reminds me of the time my past partner made a lil wager.
We'd showed up at a spot and he promptly told me to not waste my time across the street.
"Why?", I inquired.
"Cuz there is absolutely NUTHIN left over there. I've hunted it for 2 decades!"
I said, "Oh, I don't believe that!"
He replied, "I'll bet you 5 bucks that you CAN'T find ANYthing!" (forgive him he was pushing a bit of old-timer's disease.)
I took the bet!
I turned on my machine, I tuned, I panned left, then right, then bent over and held up a single old style pulltab I dug from 3 inches down.

He almost shouted, "anything GOOD!!!!"

I replied with an evil grin, "Too late!!"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back