hunting a pasture where I usually hunt game

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 + SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was detecting a pasture right in the hunting district I usually hunt for hogs and deer. I have realized that part of the pasture a little downhill slope has been somehow levelled out looking like a foundation of some kind but absolutely nothing left except green grass.I found this piece there. Next to it I put a quarter for size comparison. I'd be happy to learn more about my find. I will have to investigate this area a little more. The place is maybe 200 feet by 150 feet or so. I cleaned it some more and found 6 markings like a little sun on one side 3 on the left side and 3 on the right side from the tip.
20190416_062459.jpg
DSCN2224.JPG

Last edited:
Don't know...
If it is a sundial type device , maybe reading between the sun markings adds another three points of reference?
images.jpg

Upvote 0
You know I said brass knuckles just off the cuff but since I've found some info on the net that suggests it is a "fist ring" The rod between the arch was wrapped round with leather and probably shrunken. You held your sword or axe in your "dexter" hand and slid your "sinister" hand into this.

Brass knuckles.png

I expect this predates the 16th century and is a heck of a find.

Best wishes!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back