tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't sold anything on Ebay in awhile, but with all these recent events all the business at my regular job that was scheduled to begin here soon is getting pushed back and things are starting to look a little grim. I've got a lot of merchandise I've picked up to sell, but just wondering if the activity on Ebay has felt the effects by those who deal more on Ebay than I do. Most the stuff I have are non-essential items a collector might want, such as antiques, jewelry, watches and just things I bought because I felt I could make a profit on.

It’s been slow for me not much sales in the last month

I sell the same type of items. My month started out better than average but has been really slow the last few days.

I sold most of everything I put up, made $325 (not a lot to some, but for a kid who doesn't have a real job yet, that's thrilling), and got out. I'm not sure post offices will be open much longer.

I consistently still sell. I've pulled back a few of my listings on silver morgan/peace dollars. Buyers trying to buy at melt regardless of demand. I actually had one guy offer me $11/coin when the prior week's sale was $58 for 3. I always list 2 Morgan and 1 Peace dollar for each listing with a low initial bid ($45). They always sell, but I will not entertain someone wanting to buy below the initial bid. That person was put on my blocked list. Once on the list, they never come off. I will be listing up a lot of numismatic coins this week and next that have no influence based on the silver market price. A couple GSA CC Morgan Dollars, Commemoratives, Spanish Cobs, Shipwreck coins, etc.

I sold most of everything I put up, made $325 (not a lot to some, but for a kid who doesn't have a real job yet, that's thrilling), and got out. I'm not sure post offices will be open much longer.
I like getting an extra 325 any day. Halting the U.S. mail, man-o-man that wouldn't be good.

It’s weird. Ppl are buying random things. I think ppl who are getting by are bored out of their minds and shopping online. I sold textiles and flatware this week. My refiner is closed so I listed a gold scrap lot. With the intraday volatility I came out above spot when all was said done (not counting the eBay fee of course!)

I consistently still sell. I've pulled back a few of my listings on silver morgan/peace dollars. Buyers trying to buy at melt regardless of demand. I actually had one guy offer me $11/coin when the prior week's sale was $58 for 3. I always list 2 Morgan and 1 Peace dollar for each listing with a low initial bid ($45). They always sell, but I will not entertain someone wanting to buy below the initial bid. That person was put on my blocked list. Once on the list, they never come off. I will be listing up a lot of numismatic coins this week and next that have no influence based on the silver market price. A couple GSA CC Morgan Dollars, Commemoratives, Spanish Cobs, Shipwreck coins, etc.

Despite the cratering silver spot price, the 2 Morgans/1 Peace auction ended last night at $58.

I'm doing ok I guess. I have about 250 auctions up currently of many different types and it seems my food items are flying out the door more than anything. Herbal tea, Icebreakers mints, lobster bisque, candy, etc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back