How many gold rings...?

I would say that if you need your wife's OK to buy one, you can't afford it. Good Luck!

That is hard to say. Finding large 14K or 18K or 22K rings is not that often accomplished. I will take a fairly large pile of smaller 9&10K rings and thin 14K wedding bands to cover your machine's cost. Of course on the other hand one large high karat gold ring with large fine quality diamonds or emeralds will do the trick in one fell swoop!! There is no substitute for luck!!

Looking at your name it sounds like she doesn't see you enough as it is! Perhaps a compromise where you stop another hobby?

Last spring I spent $150 on a Garrett 150. In clad and jewelry I probably found $100 in about 250 hours of searching. Maybe more finds/hour with a better detector, but I had a lot of fun and learned a lot.

You won't be able to justify the cost on finds in the short term, you may get lucky though.

Oh, I can afford it, but my wife doesn't like it when I spend her inheritance (that which she will get when I die). lol. She is Yankee to the bone, sees no need for extras. Frugal as the day is long.

Looking at your name it sounds like she doesn't see you enough as it is! Perhaps a compromise where you stop another hobby?

Hahaha, you're joking right??? I hunt, I trap, I work two jobs, I treasure hunt. I offered to take her hunting, trapping and detecting...she won't go. See, it's all her fault that she doesn't see me. LOL.

Your pitching it wrong. Tell her its an investment in your health. And that Metal detecting replaces that costly Gym Membership.

Guess I'll just get it, she got over the Harley.....kinda. :laughing7: I'll have to figure out how many wedding bands myself. Good times ahead.

Treasure is in the eye of the beholder. This life is short at best. Time may be the only treasure that can't be recovered....... Enjoy your blessings, your wife and your hobbies! Good luck and HH!

Thanks Casper and Mike. I'm not expecting to recoup the cost overnight....and actually don't care if I do (MXT hasn't even paid for itself yet) The thrill is in the hunt. Of course a handful of gold and silver wouldn't hurt.
Happy Hunting all.

One--The one with the huge diamond that you give to your wife!
Show her some of the pics of FOUND rings on here, that should help.

Hey CASPER-2!! CONGRATS!! YOU HAMMERED THEM!! WOW!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!! Hey TooManyHobbies!! Go ahead and get a new unit!! Just be sure you tell her how much you LOVE her beforehand and that it doesn't burn gas!! He He!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

One--The one with the huge diamond that you give to your wife! Show her some of the pics of FOUND rings on here, that should help.
MsBeep, I've only found two gold rings so far. One, a class ring that I returned to the owner, and the second a diamond and white gold ring found in S. Carolina. Which I promptly gave to her when we returned. She knows she'll get all the good stuff. :hello2:
I don't know why she tolerates me, but after 28 yrs married, she knows I'll do what I want and pay the price later. :laughing7:

Attachments

• Hilton Head SC diamond white gold ring.jpg
    Hilton Head SC diamond white gold ring.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Hilton Head SC diamond white gold ring 2.jpg
    Hilton Head SC diamond white gold ring 2.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 77

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back