How does the AT Pro compare to the F75Ltd?

I'm thinking about buying an AT Pro...Thanks.
not sure about the f75 but I love the pro and like being able to take it to the river. The first time I did I dropped it in river while retrieving a target so glad it's waterproof.

I have an AT Pro Gold and the F75 ltd and like both very much. Depending on what machine you are upgrading from, you might find the F75 to have a little more of a learning curve than the AT. The AT is a machine that you can take out of the box and start making good finds right away. Both machines separate targets well, the F75 is light weight and easy to swing. The AT can be used in the rain and in water hunting. The AT is less money. Last time I was out hunting, I started with the F75, made some nice finds, and then later switched to the AT. I did equally as well after I switched. I have made some very deep finds with the F75, but I wouldn't say that a seasoned AT Pro user couldn't have found them either.

ATP haters to tell you how inferior it is in 3...2...1...

I have an F75se and I like it. I was mainly looking at the AT Pro for the waterproofness, but I wanted some opinions on comparing the two. @Tom Pa, I thought the AT Pro was a little lighter that the f75...

I'd take an AT Gold over a F75.
I'm not an AT Pro hater, just an AT Gold lover. :love4:

I think it's a little more about 'felt' weight as to actual, along with what coil choice is on the AT. The smaller coil on the AT is easy on the arm, the larger one will feel heavier than your F75 set-up. Personally speaking, I think that these two machines really compliment each other, depending on the task at hand. I talked my hunting partner (F75 user) into an AT after I bought mine and he's had the same positive results as myself. We're both happy with this combination.

Both excellent machines. The AT Pro for the money is HARD to beat.

I use both the F75SE and the AT Pro. The F75 is lighter and is one of my go-to relic machines in rural settings. Urban areas , I like the AT pro better. The AT Pro is quieter than the highly sensitive F75, and being waterproof, it lends itself to more locations. They are all "tools in the toolbox", one tool may be better suited for a particular hunt.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

I normally don't put down other makes and models, so I won't. But the strengths with the AT Pro is that it comes with affordable accessory coils, works in all types of temperatures, handles EMI very well in cities, is water proof, meets and beats other detectors costing much more in a variety of situations and it's completely produced and assembled in USA. It also utilizes modern technologies, replacing old fashion knobs, prone to leaks and wear with push buttons.

And I have been using the AT Series since they came out. 9 x 12  8.5 x 11 coil comparisons.jpg

I too, am leaning toward the AT Pro and the F75 SE. For the past month I've been reading and watching every video I can find. One day I think I have made up my mind on the AT Pro and then the next day its back to the F75. I really love the simplicity of the AT Pro. It just seems like a lot of thought went into this machine. Also, Garrett customer service seems to be second to none. I'll keep researching everyday , but because both machines have their pros and cons it makes it a little difficult. I'm sure I would be satisfied with either one. I plan on using mine for dry land, relic/coin hunting in old home sites that are full of nails and other iron trash. I have until Christmas to make a choice and I'll be purchasing from one of the Vendor's on this forum.
JWT70. Please let us know if you get the AT Pro and how it works compared to the F75.
Thanks , David

I've had the at pro now for about two weeks and have only only good to say about it, I've had other brands as well and have been detecting for probably 15 years off and on, I've went to playgrounds with my daughter that I've had my other machines out and I've found a fair bit more with the at pro, maybe I just missed these coins all along and just swung the pro over them with luck? I've ordered the 5x8 coil for it the other day as people say it's a good upgrade .we will
See, I don't think you would go wrong with it

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

I had been trying to decide between these two machines and 1 other one for quite a while. Well, i went with the ATPro and i do love it... i probably would have loved the f75 too. The deciding factor for me was the waterproofing on the AT. I dont water hunt, but i might....But i have been caught a good ways from the truck with my old machine when a big storm hit. It is a rugged machine and plenty of depth for me...So far it is pulling plenty of coins and relics from my old "hunted out" spots...I say go for it!

I hope you ordered from BigBoysHobbies.net

I get nothing for plugging Big Boys Hobbies but I think small businessmen like Bart deserve the plugs base on past experience and unbeatable customer service along with pricing and packages as good or better than anyone online.

I did. I want to hit the river with it. I need to find a good sand scoop now. Any advice would be appreciated.

I don't know about the F75ltd but I have an ATP and was hunting an area today that a guy with a fisher F2 had hunted just before me this morning. I have to say I only found a 35 cents in the same area he had hunted.I am guessing the area was 200 x 400. He was still hunting when i got there and asked him if it was ok to start hunting where he had already hunted and he said fine. I don't know how much he found but I do know he dug a lot of targets. I covered the area very slowly and like I said i found 35 cents a quarter and a dime. He also did a great job of covering his digs. Unless you are looking a down and know they are there you can't tell either of us been there.

I guess in summary he did quite well with his F2 and it was another good lesson for me it's not the detector you use but how you use it.

I mainly wanted it for the waterproofness. I like my f75 se. This will be my fourth detector. I'll let you know how it works for me.

I mainly wanted it for the waterproofness. I like my f75 se. This will be my fourth detector. I'll let you know how it works for me.

Congratulations on your new AT Pro. Please keep us updated.
Thanks, David

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back