Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seen one before, might even have found one but I don't remember if it was mine or not? I got this one yesterday. It is just 2" long, 3/8" wide, the knob at the top only pulls out 5/16" the hole end shows a bar or ? inside. The bar on the side does not move and the hole at the top has another across from it just like that one. Made of copper. Hope the new pics help.

Attachments

• DSC07148.JPG
    DSC07148.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 265
  • DSC07161.JPG
    DSC07161.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC07155.JPG
    DSC07155.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC07154.JPG
    DSC07154.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC07160.JPG
    DSC07160.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Paleo, that does look close, but I guess we won't know anything for sure until we get more photos and exact length and diameter. :) Breezie

oh..breezie...i thought you told me earlier that you were right. sounds like your getting worried..i just need updated pics. of this mind blowing thing that keeps me awake at night,,,
owg.

Upvote 0
oh..breezie...i thought you told me earlier that you were right. sounds like your getting worried..i just need updated pics. of this mind blowing thing that keeps me awake at night,,,
owg.

OWG . . .I still think it's a musical valve for a smaller 2-note instrument, but I'm not gonna bet the farm. . .maybe a cow or two. :) Why? The shape, size, material, but mainly because it has a hole in the side. Any valve that would pump gas/oil/etc. wouldn't have an escape hole, but something air driven would. And I'm not popping corn waiting on the other info either. LOL :) Breezie

Upvote 0
Is there a hole in the top of the valve? If there is, it is probably a pump for a lantern, lamp or torch like paleopilot said. If not, my guess is with breezie, musical valve!

Upvote 0
Does it look like it would operate like a pump? You know, pull out...push in...,or do you think it was spring loaded like an instrument valve? Here is another possibility..

Attachments

• Gas Iron.JPG
    Gas Iron.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 0
Below is a link for patents for brass piston valves of all types. Perhaps you could go through some of these and find something that looks like yours. The extra pics are a plus! BTW, I voted for honor banner on your Loaded Gun post.

Google

:) Breezie

Upvote 0
Thanks Breezie! :icon_thumleft:

Below is a link for patents for brass piston valves of all types. Perhaps you could go through some of these and find something that looks like yours. The extra pics are a plus! BTW, I voted for honor banner on your Loaded Gun post.

Google

:) Breezie

Upvote 0
Breezie might be on track. Here are valves from a bassic sax...hard to see but there are holes on both sides

Attachments

• bassic.GIF
    bassic.GIF
    339.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Upvote 0
McMich kudos on finding that pic! :thumbsup: Here's a comparison pic. :) Breezie

Valves.JPG

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back