Hit the dump bank, and got a BIG surprise....

voodoo13

Aug 20, 2009
Had to dump to day to get my funds back for next weeks searching. This branch just got a coin sorter, so they dont hate me as much anymore. :hello2: Well, after 30 minutes of trying to get my receipt, machine froze, I went to the teller I have built a relationship with. She smiles, and says "I have something for you" now, me being the dirty old guy I am, got very excited. (she is cute) Well, I was disapointed, but thrilled at the same time when she handed me not 1, but two MORGANS! 1885 & 1889 This makes numbers 15 & 16 that I have picked up this year.

Attachments

• ebay 006.JPG
    ebay 006.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 415
Upvote 0
Wow she must really like you. All the tellers I know would snag them for themselves for sure. Congrats.

Golden Silver

GS,
He probably uses the same trick I use. I simply ask the teller for some Morgans, Gold Sovereigns, and Spanish Cobs, and they just fork them over.
Works everytime they have them.

Like Rich said, I ask. I always ask if they have any large dollars, old, or unusual coins. When I hit the small towns, in the middle of nowhere, it works the best. Last Winter I bought a bag of Ikes, $200+, found 11 Morgans! Teller told me the bag had been there "forever". All you have to do is ask...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back