Hit a Tot Lot today and Im the "BEST"!!!!

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
Hit a Tot Lot today and I'm the "BEST"!!!!

I'm on a short business trip. Got to my location a little early, so I found a local park, and after checking local ordinances, I hit the sand play area for an hour.

There were a few crumb munchers playing and of course, they took interest in what I was doing. Every time I dug, one of the kids would say "what is it?" I would reply, a penney, and he would reply "Cool". This went on for about 30 minutes. Every time I said "Penny, Dime, Quarter or Nickel" he would reply "cool". He kept his distance, until I dug up a matchbox car. He ran over, "Can I have it?", "Sure" I replied. Then another car, "Can I have it?". Yep. Now he started to follow me, along with his little buddy. I hit a pull tab. "Can I have it?" ??? "My school collects them, and so we turn in as many as we can". "Oh, sure" I said. Then another pull tab. I just handed it over to him. So I walked to my car, grabbed the 20 or so pull tabs I had in the back and gave them to him.

His mother called to him, "It's time to go", and then his little buddy decided to say something..... "How much do those cost?" I said, anywhere from $400 to $800. His reply. "Seems like alot of money spent on something to only find a bunch of pennies" :P :-[

My response.... "I think your mom is calling you" :D

Well the pair left and a gaggle of 3 came by. They were on my heels for the last half hour. One even kept trying to take the sand scoop out of my hand. :-\ "Can I dig, Can I dig?" No. every coin that came out "what year is it?" I would hand it to him to inspect it, then get it back and put it in my pocket until the next coin.

I did find 3 pendents that must have come off necklaces. On is a Wolf, one is a Butterfly and the last is the "BEST" half of a "BEST FRIENDS" charm. Other than that, I got $1.86 in clad, part of a watch band latch and zipper from a shoe, a hair bead and an Adventure Landing ??? token. and the 2 confiscated cars.

Maybe I will try another park after my meetings tomorrow. But for today, I guess I will have to settle to be the "Best".

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 710
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 712
Upvote 0
Re: Hit a Tot Lot today and I'm the "BEST"!!!!

lol....kids can be too funny sometimes (but can be at the other end of the spectrum as well).

Congrats on the finds, hope you do as well tomorrow.

Smitty

Ah I love those zipper pulls. Can't believe you gave up the cars, I would have had to thumb wrestle him for them. ;D

Good story and good finds.

Yep. When hunting while the kiddies are around you are like the Pied Piper! :D

Congrats on your finds! :) Nana

Good finds and a great story too :) You handled those little fellas
just fine.

Doozis

Yeah, I sometimes feel like the pied piper when I go to schoolyards and such. I have lost a few pennies I have found that way. >:( ;D

Kids seem to be fascinated with this hobby, and they are always honest with me too. I have had them tell me before: "Why do you like digging up trash?" :P

kids lose everything....Everytime I read your post, I think Hank Hill is talking :)
RD

RD66 said:
kids lose everything....Everytime I read your post, I think Hank Hill is talking :)
RD

That's so funny, I kept saying to myself "Goll dang it Bobby!" every time the one kid tried to grab my sand scoop. ;D

I feel so much like Hank Hill when I hang out with my brother (Boomhower), and my friends Rodney (Bill) and DJ (Dale). Only there is no alley and the Alamo is Busch Light.

"Now...Bobby,propane is serious buisness."
"But dad.. I want to be a detectionist when I grow up!"

"A what?" ;)

Love the show..American Dad and Family guy is a crack up too!!!!
RD

You got to love the kids, they are so honest in what they say. Nice finds and I like that pendent.

You had me going with the BEST thing...I thought you might be from PA. LOL Those kids can be quite aggravating sometimes. If you make the mistake of giving one of them something then all the rest of them think they deserve something too...NOT! Good story. I've only given away one car but lots of pennies.

!

Prober said:
You had me going with the BEST thing...I thought you might be from PA.

LMWILVERAO, DUDE!! ;D ;D ;D

(ONLY SIX-PACK I GOT IS MY ALAMO) :D

just joking, right.

Cool finds !!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

Keep it up with the kids, after all in the future they'll be making our laws and just might remember " That Guy At The Park " Great work and HH

Desertfox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back