Attachments

• Img_0530.jpg
    Img_0530.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 394
  • Img_0530.jpg
    Img_0530.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 393
Upvote 0
Wow, that bullet looks to be in pretty good shape. The penny looks like some of the wheaties I've found. I I've had them in olive oil for a month, but they look the same. I'll leave em soak for another 5 months and see what happens. I think they may be beyond hope though.

caratjuice said:
Wow, that bullet looks to be in pretty good shape. The penny looks like some of the wheaties I've found. I I've had them in olive oil for a month, but they look the same. I'll leave em soak for another 5 months and see what happens. I think they may be beyond hope though.

What does olive oil do for them? I have a bunch that look like that and I'm not sure how to clean them up when they're that bad.

I'm not sure, but I've seen the tip many times. Some say it works to clean the coins and some say it doesn't. I just had to see for myself. Maybe it's just for coins that have dirt and not corrosion.

Carat Lead seems to last forever that bullet was shot in 1863.
Usually find them 5 and a half to 8 inches deep. The penny was
about 4 inches and I do not know if I will ever see a date on it
or not.

Yeah its amazying that they last that long and that they also still have the casting mark on the side where the mould spilt is. Not to mintion those little starts in the bottom that make them worth so much more.

Zeke thanks they are fun to dig. I have been hunting the parks and schools here the past week or so and had to get out of the trash for a day. Where I found the bullet I have found several others but you do not get many signals.

Hey! i live in TN too! I was supposed to go to a friends house today that was supposedly the site of a civil war camp, but she ended up going out of town. I was disappointed. Maybe when the weather gets better. Makes you wonder about that bullet doesnt it? who held it, did it hurt someone, etc.... if the stuff we found could talk.

cedarratt I have not been lucky enough to find one with a star on it yet but I am still looking.
May wait a while to go back to the site I was finding about three every time I went out but they are starting to get thin.

Bump up to revise?

Cool finds!!

Lonewolfe are you losing it, what are you talking about... Bump up to revise? I have seen you post it on several other topics. Please tell me what you are talking about.

Keep @ it and HH!!

Well since this is being revisited. I have someting to say about Olive Oil. After about 5 months soaking they didn't seem in any better shape than before I soaked them. They are real dark and oily looking, almost unnatural. I don't think I will use it any more. Maybe I should of changed the oil every once in a while or maybe brushed them in between changes. But for me the olive oil will just be for brushing on my Salmon fillets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back