image.jpeg
    578 KB · Views: 167
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    606.6 KB · Views: 175
Actually Hickok made ALL accessories...
And specialized in cuff links.

Upvote 0
It kinda don't make sense, it looks like it only latches to itself.

Upvote 0
Some history:
S. Rae Hickok, a great nephew of Wild Bill Hickok, founded Hickok Jewelry, a plating business, located in Rochester, New York, in 1909. When he died in 1945, his son Raymond P. Hickok became the company president. Through his efforts, the company, now known as Hickok Manufacturing Company, expanded to become a leading manufacturer of men’s belts, cuff links, suspenders, tie clasps, wallets, and other men’s accessories. In 1950, Hickok Manufacturing developed the prototypes for the safety seat belt for automobiles. Tandy purchased the company in 1971.
Don.......

Upvote 0
Maybe from some type of safety harness? Racing? Aviation? Pole or tree climbing?

Hickok also made automotive seat belt buckles. You piece looks way older than seat belts, though...

Upvote 0
Tell us exactly what is says please. I can see HICKOK, BRONZE, PATENT.... Give us the patent number and we can search it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've been studying the photos and the only thing I can come up with is this: the item was permanently fastened to a belt, and was used to attach something at 90 degrees to the belt, possibly another belt or maybe even a holster or a sword. There's no adjustment to "cinch" anything tight, it must be some sort of hanger.

Upvote 0
If you google Hickok sword hanger you get a slew of weird buckles and so forth.

Upvote 0
I can see how it could be used as a belt buckle, the "tongue" end of the belt would have oval holes in it, instead of small round holes. The spiral on the latch seems to serve no purpose other than ornamental.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back