Hi there! Finally got around to an intro piece.

KarenD

Feb 15, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been here a few days, but have been so preoccupied with learning about gold prospecting, I forgot to post an intro, so here it is.

I'm Karen from Oregon and we, my family and I, decided that we'd like to try prospecting. I grew up awestruck by the volcanoes of Hawaii, panned for the first time, as a kid, on the Kern River in CA with my dad, and as a homeschooling teacher we spent a lot of time on one of my favorite subjects - geology! Over the years have heard many times "<whiny voices> C'mon, mom, not geology again this year!" If I could do it all over again, I'd be a vulcanologist. I swear, I must have taken a picture of every single pool at Yellowstone!

Now the kids are grown, 'cept one, and we enjoy getting out of town and into the hills for camping, shooting and wildcrafting (I'm an herbalist by trade.) We talked about prospecting last weekend and everyone liked the idea of spending our days digging in the dirt, wiping sweat from our brows to find shiny little pieces - after all, we'd done that with thunder eggs in Madras, obsidian at Glass Butte, and agate and jasper in the tidepools at the beach and always look forward to the next trip. My younger son, a mountain man at heart, and I went to our first gp club meeting today. :thumbsup: It would not surprise me if he spent his days in the hills and came out a decade later a crusty ol' 49er.

Our new family hobby, gold prospecting; that is what brought me here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back