Hi from England

castle keep

Oct 23, 2007
ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Any that go bleep !!!!!
I've been looking at this site for over a year on and of and have finally joined up so i can post my finds here in England, In fact i'm looking forward to sharing my finds with you nearly as much as finding them (well not quite). I dig some cool fields and places i know that has had activity for many centuries so it could be exciting, i will also slip in some recent finds along the way. I have a cool old small flintlock i want to post and see if i can get some information on it from you guys.
Watch this space 8) 8) 8)

Upvote 0
castle keep said:
Thanks its a long long story maybe ill tell you one day ;) ;)

One dig with our detectors is worth 10 years with their brushes and trowels if you get my meaning? 8) 8) 8)

Yes, understand.

Done some re-writting myself. Which is more important to me than money or fame.

castle keep said:
i got permission to dig a so called 11th century settlement (hence my name) that had been excuvated since the 1930's with trowels and brushes etc (time team sort of stuff), my first week gave up a 6th century french coin which re-wrote their books by 500 years lol, even tme team use detectorest's but would never admit to it so how honoured was i to rewrite 70 years of digging in a few days :o :o :o

Most of the best finds on Timeteam were made by detectorist & most of the sites were found by them.

I would love to see that coin. stick it in the best section. No coins of Britain were made at that time & it was the migration period which fits nicely.

You guys rock! I love seeing those amazing historic finds from across the pond. :)

I'm "across the pond" again

birdman said:
You guys rock! I love seeing those amazing historic finds from across the pond. :)

...The only problem is that I overshot the UK again by a few thousand miles to the southeast. Since the area I'm in is considered "The Cradle of Civilization" I'd imagine that there's a lot of old stuff to be found. On the down side, there's also LOTS of stuff in the ground that you wouldn't WANT to find. That, and quite a few of the landowners aren't very friendly as well.

Welcome to the forum, Castle, I look forward to seeing your finds.

HH,
SgtSki

Hello from Germany (I'm American) and welcome to the forum! Look forward to seeing your finds. That gold coin is the find of a lifetime! HH, Mike

Re: I'm "across the pond" again

SgtSki in MI said:
birdman said:

...The only problem is that I overshot the UK again by a few thousand miles to the southeast. Since the area I'm in is considered "The Cradle of Civilization" I'd imagine that there's a lot of old stuff to be found. On the down side, there's also LOTS of stuff in the ground that you wouldn't WANT to find. That, and quite a few of the landowners aren't very friendly as well.

Welcome to the forum, Castle, I look forward to seeing your finds.

HH,
SgtSki

Hey,SgtSki,it's good to see you posting.Thank you for serving our country and stay safe over there.God Bless.

Lots of Brits on here (Even ex.pats from around the world, like me), so they´re used to us now, and enjoy looking at our finds.
HH Ray

Trent, sent you a mail
HH Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back