Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
I've found some possible school connections for this, but nothing definitive, looks like an open book and maybe a staff or cane, nothing on back.
Thanks for looking :thumbsup: NH+FINDS+04-19-2014037.JPG

No idea Will, but way cool find! :thumbsup:
Congrats,
Doug

Upvote 0
Thinking a high school band badge/pin.

Upvote 0
Thanks all, I don't find any fraternals with those initials, that was my first thought. Maybe it depicts a music book and conductors baton and went on marching band hat :icon_scratch:
Or a watch fob. I've always wanted to find a unique coin, non revalued Johannes IV Cruzado is close as I've come, far as my research has gone I have a unique HHS medal :laughing7:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hogwarts High School, could be a majic wand over the book?...lol. How ya been Herbie? Taxidermy has had me bogged down over the last year. Haven't had much time to swing the machine or even surf on Tnet much. Hope all is well and that you are still killing it on the low tides. If I can ever get caught up here, would love to head back to your area again and do some more detecting with you. Keep digging up that history!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My high school initials were HHS, and there are probably a couple of hundred high schools with those same initials. I agree and also think it's a watch fob with a piece of sheet music and a conductors wand.

Neat find :)
Breezie

Upvote 0
Nice find Herbie! :occasion14:
Could this possibly be the logo for ...

Hanover High School
Hanover, New Hampshire
Established: 1888

It's been a while since we've spoken my friend, hope all is well! :thumbsup:
Dave

Upvote 0
Nice Medal ! I too long without seeing their findings . :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
It's either a watch fob or the lower portion oif a ribbon medal. I also agree that is is from a high school, band member or director probably. As Breezie stated i'm sure there are many, many high schools with an H initial. Here is one with the same letters only dated and a little different in styling-
https://www.google.com/search?q=191...LICw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=840&bih=462#imgdii=_

edit- photo wouldn't load so I posted the google image link.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
book holder leather strap "closure piece" --pre backpacks long ago kids carried books "bound" together by a strap to hold then all together for ease of carry .

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back