Hey just wanted to confirm suspicion, older tourist piece from mexico say 1980s??

Boomerboom

Jun 29, 2017
Ontario
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked this up in a thrift store for 3$. Appears to be pure quartz
Just looking for likely dating, 1980- yesterday or could be from even earlier than this?
Know they did a ton of this stuff starting back in 1940s onward just seeing If it could be from that Time and if I there is any value here.

Thanks I'm probably annoying you guys with all these posts
But could appreciate if someone could confirm what I believe it is or isn't would be awesome thanks IMG_0732.JPGIMG_0727.JPGIMG_0731.JPGIMG_0733.JPG

it's Onyx, and it's had a little time to age so you might be ballpark on the age. There are so many onyx trinkets that have come out of the Mexican tourist trade that I doubt it's worth much but it's cool. What is the effigy? Can we get a photo of it sitting flat facing the camera? Almost looks like a pyramid?

Upvote 0
it's Onyx, and it's had a little time to age so you might be ballpark on the age. There are so many onyx trinkets that have come out of the Mexican tourist trade that I doubt it's worth much but it's cool. What is the effigy? Can we get a photo of it sitting flat facing the camera? Almost looks like a pyramid?
Believe it's got to be some sort of ashtray, it has four heads on each corner sorry looking at the pictures posted before I can see how it looks like a pyramid IMG_0738.JPG

Upvote 0
On Etsy.

They are asking $7 US.

[h=1]Vintage Mexican Gods Onyx Ashtray[/h]

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back