Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
“””UPDATE PICS DOWN BELOW”. Went to the Fort and dug this 6” inside the Fort in the white shells. Hard digging. Doing electrolysis now. Any ax men out there to age this beauty? Will take pics after.

Before IMG_2708.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 30
Nice! That's a tomahawk/poll axe, no doubt. I have a large collection of originals, and some contemporary. I have one a lot like it which belonged to surveyor Daniel Smith in the 18th century, currently on display in a museum in Virginia.

Regardless of whether or not the ax presents the main characteristics of a tomahawk from this place or that time, you found the ax inside a fort. I believe that's the most significant detail of this find, as it established context offering a near certain connection to the Revolutionary War along with the most obvious point - I wouldn't want to get knocked in the head with it. :violent1: Not a weapon? It certainly looks lethal to me. :icon_pale:

Regardless of whether or not the ax presents the main characteristics of a tomahawk from this place or that time, you found the ax inside a fort. I believe that's the most significant detail of this find, as it established context offering a near certain connection to the Revolutionary War along with the most obvious point - I wouldn't want to get knocked in the head with it. :violent1: Not a weapon? It certainly looks lethal to me. :icon_pale:

I love the location too and it shows archeologists and others from the 80’s and 90’s didn’t find everything.

Reading down I was just about to type that ' the site Truth founds say's A_LOT.

Stellar Find Truth123

Yours are way older than any I have uncovered in N GA.

Reading down I was just about to type that ' the site Truth founds say's A_LOT.

Stellar Find Truth123

Yours are way older than any I have uncovered in N GA.

Thanks Davers. I didn’t know what I had until I had it and now that I have it I got it and I love it.

That's a great reply line. LOL
GL & Stay Cold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back