Hey folks need a little help? Caliber size? Confederate?

Rebel Man

Jan 26, 2007
Fredericksburg Va
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a Quicksilver & Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• civil war finds from Terry\'s Home and various home pics 105.jpg
    civil war finds from Terry\'s Home and various home pics 105.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 465
  • civil war finds from Terry\'s Home and various home pics 102.jpg
    civil war finds from Terry\'s Home and various home pics 102.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 483
The longer one looks like a Confederate Enfield. The shorter one I have about the same bullet that I found at the Battle of Nashville. I would say it is Civil War as well, I just can't remember what round it is. I will contact my cousin, he knows every Civil War bullet left and right. What are the exact measurements on the Enfield? Some of them are worth more than others. BTW, nice finds!

Also, if I don't get back to you in the next day, you might check on www.cwbullet.org forum. They are all complete experts on Civil War relics.

Upvote 0
The longer one is definetley a .58 Enfield,there's at least a dozen and a half pattern's,some even have marking's up in the cavity.As far as the other,not sure...I'll try and get back to you.Both CW.....Congrat's and HH!!

Upvote 0
Thanks for your help both of you, and especially the civil war bullet web site. The smaller one appears to be a confederate revolving pistol shot of foreign origin, English like the enfield a 45 caliber possibly.
Rebel Man

Upvote 0
civilman1 said:
The longer one is definetley a .58 Enfield,there's at least a dozen and a half pattern's,some even have marking's up in the cavity.As far as the other,not sure...I'll try and get back to you.Both CW.....Congrat's and HH!!
I agree the first looks alot like a .58

Upvote 0
Without ONE DOUBT in my mind the big one IS a Enfield...>However, I would say that it is a smaller caliber variant...say .51 or .52 caliber...like this one

206-1.jpg
Enfield
Diameter Length MM# TT#
.52 1.16 0
Number of Rings: e

How many rings does the smaller bullet have? It looks like it may have 3 rings but the bottom ring may have been worn off on yours. If so, than it maybe a variant of a Spencer like the one below...if not, it could still be a 2 ring variant of the Spencer:

Spencer2.jpg
Spencer Carbine
Diameter Length Weight Caliber MM# TT#
.524 .886 408 .56 135 87
Base: 1

Upvote 0
Sentinel,
I have studied the bullet in question a little closer & believe that your right on the spencer round.
Thanks for your observation.
Rebel Man
These finds extend my search of this vast acreage even more, I'm excited all over again yee haw!!

Attachments

• civil war finds from Terry\'s Home and various home pics 106.jpg
    civil war finds from Terry\'s Home and various home pics 106.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 147
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back