Here is one for you folks that like a challenge

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
who knows...maybe someone will know right away what it is...but personally, I have absolutely no clue. I found this on a site that has relics ranging from 1810-1890 (so far)...seems to be made of copper or brass!? One of the joints is iron as you can see by the rusting. When I first pulled the edge out of the ground, I thought it was a hammer from a rifle of some sort...then I saw the pipe/tube like object attached...and I am lost now. The piece with the pick-like end rocks back and forth...and I think perhaps the other joint was moveable prior to it's rusting. It measures just shy of 2.5" long and about 1.5" high. Anyone!?!?

Attachments

• DSC05592.JPG
    DSC05592.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,276
  • DSC05593.JPG
    DSC05593.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,256
  • DSC05594.JPG
    DSC05594.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,265
First ever patented match.

Upvote 0
After a few of these it kinda looks the same,but.....hmmmmm

Attachments

• stein.jpg
    stein.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 590
Upvote 0
Not sure about the whatsit. But I would like to let Michelle know that the Gertz Stiens shown are nice. $300.00 to $500.00 range. Maybe more now. I haven't sold any for around fifteen years.

Upvote 0
It looks like a door stopper to me

Attachments

• Door_Stop.jpg
    Door_Stop.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 593
Upvote 0
Knock knock

its a door nocker

Upvote 0
Hi Chagy, I am sure that it is either this or a Shutter Dog......Where have ya been?

Upvote 0
I have a Homer Simpson church key that says, "MMMMMMM Beer" every time you open a brew with it! Monty

Upvote 0
I DO TOOOOOOOOOO......cant seem to figure where the rod part comes into play for a that thing ;)

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the ideas everyone. I still have no clue however hahah Good to have a few ideas to investigate however.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back