durham england

Attachments

• MVC-322S.JPG
    MVC-322S.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 665
  • MVC-325S.JPG
    MVC-325S.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 530
Well I can help by eliminating Great Britain.

Upvote 0
i didnt think it was british either..and i know 875 isnt the usual silver mark...maybe white gold..i dont know...but its really bugging me not knowing :-\

Upvote 0
the cross is a maltese design type -- 875 is coin silver / nickle silver type % range -- nickle silver 800 was used alot in germany -- humm the design looks asian to me though -- my guess older thai (siam) made --due to the craftmenship and labor cost of the detailed work

Upvote 0
the first hall mark "design" is that of a maltese cross -- the mark itself --look at it -- yes it has at least some value 875 silver or white gold hard to tell without looking at it in person---most likely silver I believe and fine workmanship I might add -- thinking asian made (thailand --used to be called saim) 875 silver --- its a nice piece of jewelry ----- as far as value goes ---its a matter of who likes it and how much they will offer for it and what you'll take for it --- as always -- some folks will not give 5 cents others $500 bucks -- thats the way it is -- if you want to sell you have to find a buyer who will pay what you willing to let it go for. Ivan

Upvote 0
I'm thinking asain made with malta "proof" marks 875 silver a bit older nice workmanship very labor intensive.

Upvote 0
as you can see i nothing about this so i am very grateful for all the help you are giving me.. what do es malta 'proof' mean...its a lovely delicate bracelet... and without sound too stupid..is this bracelet made in malta or asia :)

Upvote 0
asian made most likely for the european market -- the malta "proof" mark or hallmark means it meets maltas standard of quality for 875 % silver -- how it got from there malta /europe to here is anyones guess. --the piece has an asian type design to it & the workmanship in a piece like that is very labor intensive and not often found today -- labor cost money thus most likely a bit older and of asian type design for the european market thus the malta "quality markings"

Upvote 0
i have to say you are very good...i have spent a week trying to find out stuff about this bracelet with not much luck....so what does the f stamp at the end mean

Upvote 0
CHRIS4444 said:
i have to say you are very good...i have spent a week trying to find out stuff about this bracelet with not much luck....so what does the f stamp at the end mean

I believe that the F stands for Foreign Import.

Tony

Upvote 0
tony makes sense --f for foreign import --875 for purity and the malta stamp --so asian made (most likely either thailand or phillipines then brought to malta for resale to the european market) now how it it got from there to the usa is anyones guess --a european person comes over with it and leaves it or a american visited europe and brought it back or someone recieved as a gift from someone who went there or lived there. most likely -- or it might be QVC channel stuff ;) :D ;D :D Ivan

Upvote 0
you mean a european like me cos i am in england uk not america... ;D found this bracelet on a website..hope the pic is ok.....says 'vintage turn of the century german fillegree bracelet.....do you think it looks a bit like mine ... hope the pic works :-\

Attachments

• 835-bracelet.gif
    835-bracelet.gif
    104 KB · Views: 259
Upvote 0
ah my mistake thought you were us -- thats the kind of stuff I talking about -- older stuff not made these days --too labor intensive cost too much -- only place I see stuff like that made these days in in the phillipnes and thailand due to labor cost -- filligree work takes alot of time -- possibly a foreign import item made to meet malta 875 % silver standards maybe someone went on holiday and brought it back or it was resold to a british jeweler

Upvote 0
i took it to a jeweller here in the uk but they had never seen anything like it but with your help i am closer to knowing a lot more about it..id like to know if it is worth anything but i dont think i would sell it...its too nice to let go..it must have took someone ages to make , do u think

Upvote 0
I was in Malta in the mid 60s and it was a British Port of Call with lots of British Sailors. Very likely one of them brought it home as a souvenir. By the way, Malta is a very neat little island with a great and old history. Beautiful olive complexioin girls when I was there too! Monty

Upvote 0
ah with montys help a important clue --* asian made where labor is cheap --maybe the phillipines or thailand -- brought to malta --sold as a gift for a british sailor to take home to a girlfreind ,wife or mum. (seems likely) -- by the way been to malta the myself --yep nice place freildly folks --they suffer badly during WW2--- the knights of malta castle and the history that goes with it is quite interesting also -- it where the maltese cross story comes from -- 900 men vs over 20,000 -- the knights won saving the island from the muslim invaders of the time.

you seldom see items of such workmanship these days -- takes too much time and effort.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back