Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this recently and was just curious if anyone has seen this particular one before?

2019-06-11-21-23-42.jpg2019-06-11-21-23-10.jpg2019-06-11-17-58-55.jpg0611191752~2.jpg

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

I saw lots of different Fort McHenry coins/tokens but none like that one. I'm guessing it's a gift shop item.

My son and I had the privilege of staying inside the fort a few years ago when we attend the National Civil War Field Music School held there.

Upon arrival from Virginia we donned our Confederate uniforms and headed to the registration area. Along the way a good-natured park ranger approached us. With a grin she said, "We put people like you in jail!" Then she proceeded to march us inside the fort and put us in the brig. Somewhere I have a picture of me in my CS uniform peering out through the bars on the door. It was all good fun but also a good lesson for my teenage son about Lincoln's suspension of the writ of habeas corpus in 1861 to help keep Maryland from seceding from the Union. Talk about living history...!

Sorry for hijacking your thread...

Upvote 0
I Was going to suggest the Same as Matt.
I Think it was a Medallion included in a Souvenir Box with possibles another Item.
Which may be the reason an Exact match can't be Found.

The search may need to be for the Boxed Item it was included with.

(Flag Maybe)

Is it a Heavy Brass, Or Light Coated Medallion ?

Upvote 0
I Was going to suggest the Same as Matt.
I Think it was a Medallion included in a Souvenir Box with possibles another Item.
Which may be the reason an Exact match can't be Found.

The search may need to be for the Boxed Item it was included with.

(Flag Maybe)

Is it a Heavy Brass, Or Light Coated Medallion ?

Well, it certainly seems solid. "Heavy" is relative but it weighs in at 23.6 grams.

That help? :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0
I used every key word combination I could think of but didn't find your coin/token on the internet. Based on condition I suspect it is from the 200th commemoration a few years back, but I can't prove it.

McHenry fife.jpg mcherny brig.jpg
Found my pics. Me with my fife and me in the brig.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back