Help with a Griffin

capt.ken m

Jan 18, 2016
Bradenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been digging at a boat ramp parking lot that has been producing some nice coins and relics. As I usually do, when I find a target of uncertainty in put it in the bag and check it when I get home. Today this was in the mix. Hope someone can give me some info on it. It's 5/8" wide and a 1/4" tall . It is treaded on the back like it would go on a bolt. Also it's heavy like lead, but a little harder. Thanks for any help . 20160711_203752.jpg20160711_203759.jpg20160711_203811.jpg

Lid to an old tube of paint perhaps. These old octagonal caps were also used on tubes of cosmetic stuff, like toothpaste, but if it's a scenic spot there by the water then paint is my guess.

Upvote 0
It may be a paint tube from Windsor & Newton, whose logo was a griffin.
They've been in business since 1881.

Old Paint Tube.jpg

Upvote 0
Lid to an old tube of paint perhaps. These old octagonal caps were also used on tubes of cosmetic stuff, like toothpaste, but if it's a scenic spot there by the water then paint is my guess.

Or maybe a tube of suntan lotion / or that white stuff people put on their noses to prevent sunburn? (SPF-100?) :tongue3:
Speaking of which, probably could of used some of that a couple days ago!

Or, maybe for a tube of grease or other lubricant - as I'm sure boats and trailers need that stuff all the time.

Otherwise, total mystery here..

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back