IMG_0502.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0506.jpg
    IMG_0506.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 124
The Amber one looks like an Art Glass Purse Vase possibly hand made.
The other looks like satin glass possibly made by Fenton.

If it's Fenton, it'll be marked as Fenton. Fenton was an art glass company until they shut down. Saw Bill Fenton (I think it was his name) on QVC and he even showed the different marks on various pieces that would Identify the specific artist that made it. Got to go to the Fenton factory once and it was fasinating to watch the process.

If it's Fenton, it'll be marked as Fenton. Fenton was an art glass company until they shut down. Saw Bill Fenton (I think it was his name) on QVC and he even showed the different marks on various pieces that would Identify the specific artist that made it. Got to go to the Fenton factory once and it was fasinating to watch the process.
Early Fenton was marked with paper labels
Paper labels were removed or came off when the glass was washed

Here is one on sale on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FENTON-CHERRY-CHAIN-ORANGE-TREE-GREEN-SATIN-10-BOWL-/220753729102?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3365f2964e

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you mjlalt, you were right on with your ids. I may throw them on Ebay and see what happens, if nothing I'll resell them at my tag sale.

My fathers early fenton collection is all handmarked on the bottom nothing paper there it either has an intial or stamp on then the green glass looks fenton. not sure what the markings are there are in ohio I am in AL.

My fathers early fenton collection is all handmarked on the bottom nothing paper there it either has an intial or stamp on then the green glass looks fenton. not sure what the markings are there are in ohio I am in AL.
sigh

Example of Fenton Paper Label
label.jpg

How to Identify a Fenton Glass Vase | eHow.com
"Just because your vase does not have an embossed logo or a paper label does not mean it was not made by Fenton. Many of the early paper labels have worn off or were removed."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back