Help to identify old gold ring with palm tree stamping/hallmark

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, Nokta Triple Score, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently found this old ring which I believe may go back to the 1800s, possibly earlier. :dontknow: There is not any stamping to signify percentage or karats of gold present but there is a stamp of a palm tree on the backside of the bridge.

I've researched quite a bit but cannot find anything to help me with a rough date or the company who made the ring. Are there any gold enthusiasts out there who can help me identify this ring? Appreciate any information.

Attachments

• Backside.JPG
    Backside.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 10
  • Palm tree.JPG
    Palm tree.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
  • Monogram ring.jpg
    Monogram ring.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Side.JPG
    Side.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 11
Well you got a good picture of it, but it's not a touch mark that I recognize right away. Maybe Red-Coat will know. I'm thinking he has some book references on marks. The ring does look like solid gold to me.

I recently found this old ring which I believe may go back to the 1800s, possibly earlier. :dontknow: There is not any stamping to signify percentage or karats of gold present but there is a stamp of a palm tree on the backside of the bridge.

I've researched quite a bit but cannot find anything to help me with a rough date or the company who made the ring. Are there any gold enthusiasts out there who can help me identify this ring? Appreciate any information.
Just my opinion, don't shoot the messenger, but it appears to be plated in the pictures, I've never seen brown coloring like that on real Gold, the Ring is cool as sht though ... I'm no help with the Palm Tree marking either, but that's a really cool mark also..
Something else I find odd, is that they would put a stamp on the ring, but no Karat mark ? Obviously if it was a reputable dealer they would put a Karat mark on it to prove gold content and be able to get the best price.

Last edited:
Just my opinion, don't shoot the messenger, but it appears to be plated in the pictures, I've never seen brown coloring like that on real Gold, the Ring is cool as sht though ... I'm no help with the Palm Tree marking either, but that's a really cool mark also..
Yeah, the one photo looks gold in color, but the other two don't.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back