Southeast Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E trac - Irish
White's TRX
White's M6 (SOLD)
White's V3i (SOLD)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found at an 1850's-present farm. Some sort of lid made from aluminum. Approximately 1 1/2" in diameter. I can't tell what the monogram is, this is one of many found on the property. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486269901.812156.jpg

It looks like a lid from a snuff can. ( finely powdered tobacco ) not sure of the maker I will see if i can match it up with maker. Do they seem ti have threaded lip or can you tell?

Upvote 0
It is the lid of a Ponds cosmetics jar from the first-half of the 1900s. The logo stands for the Ponds Extract Company. The one on the jar in the photo below is reported to be from the 1920s. I'm not sure Ponds' Cold Cream is still being manufactured, but it was advertized when I was a kid in the 1950s.

Attachments

• logo_PE-Co_Ponds-Extract-Company_cold-cream-jarlid-ON-JAR_circa1920s_Etsy.jpg
    logo_PE-Co_Ponds-Extract-Company_cold-cream-jarlid-ON-JAR_circa1920s_Etsy.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ponds cold cream is still made. I found one of those old milk glass jars just like in cannon's picture. No lid though.

Upvote 0
Awesome! Thanks guys!

Upvote 0
dang it that cannonball dude knows everything

Upvote 0
Thanks for the compliment, Jeff... but I can't live up to that. My alleged omniscience is just a carefully crafted illusion, which I maintain by only answering relic ID requests that I know the answer to. ;-)

Upvote 0
Cool find, I found a top from one of ponds competitors the other day. Boncilla, Another cosmetics line.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back