Help, please!

kalqga

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, today I found something really interesting in my opinion and the problem is I have no idea what it is, or what it was used for. Any help will be much appreciated! :)
IMAG0001.jpgIMAG0003.jpgIMAG0005.jpgIMAG0006.jpgIMAG0007.jpg

Can't make out the insignia but it looks like a cap badge.

It looks like a spider web to me and i forgot to say that "thing" is gold-plated. I hope it helps in a way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In Bulgaria near the Belovo region.

Upvote 0
I don't think its a capbadge. It has some age to it, at least 200+ years & was meant to go on leather. So its most likely is a horse harness mount.

Upvote 0
Is it solid metal and heavy, or stamped from thin metal ? A stamping wouldn't be 200 yrs old.

Upvote 0
I don't think its a capbadge. It has some age to it, at least 200+ years & was meant to go on leather. So its most likely is a horse harness mount.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, but I was hoping that you guys could tell me it's age and so on. Still waiting for answers though. :)

Upvote 0
Is it solid metal and heavy, or stamped from thin metal ? A stamping wouldn't be 200 yrs old.

It's solid bronze with gold on top of it. You can see the corrosion on the bottom of it.

Upvote 0
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, but I was hoping that you guys could tell me it's age and so on. Still waiting for answers though. :)

If I found it here, I would say 14th-15th C.

Upvote 0
Was there any WW1 action there?

The battlefields were far from BG. I was thinking it could be something from the Roman Republic (later Empire), it's not rare to find something before 395 AD.

Upvote 0
The battlefields were far from BG. I was thinking it could be something from the Roman Republic (later Empire), it's not rare to find something before 395 AD.

I find hundreds of Roman items & this is not one of them. Its medieval.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back