IMG_0195.JPG
    568.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0196.JPG
    IMG_0196.JPG
    619.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0197.JPG
    IMG_0197.JPG
    564.7 KB · Views: 77
Looks like the top piece to a right angle flashlight, with a night time red lens.

Upvote 0
Could it be from the top of a walking cane? Just a guess
Is it brass?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
this is a light to some mechanical item such as a generator or such. The lens in red so it would not affect your natural night vision when looked at after sun down when the item was running.

Upvote 0
In the 2nd photo the lens looks jeweled, so my guess is a lens from an indicator light from something. Sort of like these..
images93FX13KS3.jpg images2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
These come out of vintage stop signs and are similar.180474941_lot-23-vintage-stop-sign-or-railroad-or-rail-road-.jpg

Upvote 0
In the 2nd photo the lens looks jeweled, so my guess is a lens from an indicator light from something. Sort of like these..
View attachment 1121900 View attachment 1121902
Correct, these types of jeweled light/lamp lenses were very popular years ago and were used in many different auto or transportation applications, from turn signals, indicator lights, running lights on boats, flashlights, stop signs, brake lights, bicycle lamps, etc. The trick to finding out what this one went to is finding one that is in the same type of housing. I agree, it's an indicator light lens of some type. I'm wondering if it's an actual elbow shaped housing with two openings or if it's a straight housing with one lens missing opposite the one that's already there, sort of like the one you have pictured on the left.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back