Help please.

Mr Chris

Oct 15, 2010
I tried posting in Fossils what is it and only got one respose, so I figured I might try here. I found these two pieces near Lewisville Lake dam where they are moving dirt for some houses. The are is said to have one of the earliest known human occupation in North America from evidence of burn pits. The small tube shaped piece looks to be bone maybe due to the cellular type middle with harder outer shell? and the other one looks like a petrified peanut. Any help would be much appreciated . Thanks

Attachments

• close up bone fossil.jpg
    close up bone fossil.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 90
  • close up bone fossil 2.jpg
    close up bone fossil 2.jpg
    699.4 KB · Views: 110
  • close up peanut fossil.jpg
    close up peanut fossil.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 85
  • close up peanut fossil 2.jpg
    close up peanut fossil 2.jpg
    570 KB · Views: 87
  • close up end bone fossil.jpg
    close up end bone fossil.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 104
Call the police and tell them you found human remains, then, you'll get an answer real quick at the state's expense.

Everything above this line is bad advice.

Of course you understand nobody here can help more than someone in real life. Is there a local University that may have a medical or anthropological studies venue?

Upvote 0
I tried posting in Fossils what is it and only got one respose, so I figured I might try here. I found these two pieces near Lewisville Lake dam where they are moving dirt for some houses. The are is said to have one of the earliest known human occupation in North America from evidence of burn pits. The small tube shaped piece looks to be bone maybe due to the cellular type middle with harder outer shell? and the other one looks like a petrified peanut. Any help would be much appreciated . Thanks
The turd-like thing could be exactly that:petrified scat. A friend gave me one several years ago. Mine was from a tiny reptilian. Yours-who knows.
Bandito

Upvote 0
The turd-like thing could be exactly that:petrified scat. A friend gave me one several years ago. Mine was from a tiny reptilian. Yours-who knows.
Bandito

That's exactly what I thought... Proof that Mr. Hanky was here along with the earliest settlers in North America. I second the University idea. They could probably tell you exactly what it it.

Upvote 0
I guess getting a serious answer here is out of the question. If anyone can help with the bigger "non poop" piece I would appreciate it, I am more interested in that piece. Thanks

That's exactly what I thought... Proof that Mr. Hanky was here along with the earliest settlers in North America. I second the University idea. They could probably tell you exactly what it it.

Upvote 0
Could be a small section of petrified tree ( palm ). I looks like there were round porous holes in and around the center part? That's my assumption without seeing it in person.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back