CanYouDigIt

Greenie
May 7, 2012
Ocean County, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Firstly,...I apologize for the quality of the picture. Just realized that my camera batteries are dead, so I took a screen shot/picture from the computer's built in video camera. The button has 13 stars around the outer perimeter. There's an eagle with head turned left and wings spread, and it appears as if he's clutching 1 or 2 arrows, along with a shield. I tried doing some "quickie research" (about 10-15 minutes worth), but none of the authentic button images which I came across closely resemble this one. Hope that helps. Thanks for any thoughts.

**WORTH NOTING** - I soaked the button in just plain hot, soapy water. AT FIRST, there was a complete back with shank attached. After soaking and cleaning with an old toothbrush, back and shank essentially "crumbled" away.

but1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Im thinking its a thin steel back civilian fashion button. I have seen it before. If it matches the button below, its civilian mid 20th century.
View attachment 633777

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Indeed, that is it!! WOW!! What helpful members here @ TNet!! Hopefully,...one day soon I'll be able to be worth a squat here.....lol. Thanks Big!!

P.S. The first image is correct. The video still does a reverse image on stills. Thank you!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back