Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve had this thing floating around my house for quite a while, I can never bring myself to toss it, maybe I need some other opinions…. Dry land find although I don’t remember exactly where.
Looks like a hunk of stone for the most part
IMG_7166.jpeg
IMG_7167.jpeg
IMG_7168.jpeg

But this one edge keeps me hanging on to it
IMG_7171.jpeg

IMG_7172.jpeg
IMG_7173.jpeg

What do you guys think?

Upvote 3
Possibly what I call worked chert. Something they started but never finished. I always thought it would be neat to have a display that showed the steps until a finished point. I think that would be around step 2. Step 1 being a cobble

I think they tested it did not like the porous material and they chunked it. Got room keep it if not feel free to chunk. It will get it off your mind haha

Thanks for the opinions, I guess it has a place with the brokes and modified flakes. It’s definitely unusual, looks like nothing unless you hold the right side in the right light

We all have "rocks" we picked up thinking at the time they may have been something.
Yep when I’m in a hurry I will grab anything I see and throw it in my pockets and look at them later to see what I’ve found. Probably 1/2 goes in the trash. Sometimes I only have an hour

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back