HELP ME SOLVE cast iron found Plum Island MA

kmd2333

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Email me please w any info 20130916_215436.jpg20130916_223343.jpg

Last edited:
WOW... this does NOT appear to be iron... use a magnet to see if it sticks.

Upvote 0
Is not magnetic. . Please forward these pictures around ive spent two years researching and cannot find anything. Thank youu

Upvote 0
Could you post a pic of the back? I'm thinking it's car or truck related with the V8 but is that a c or a g? HH
BK

Upvote 0
Funny thing, its been under water so long its connected to like rock/ drift wood.. there was a fossil or bones attached

Attachments

• 20130916_223047.jpg
    20130916_223047.jpg
    861.7 KB · Views: 169
  • 20130916_223427.jpg
    20130916_223427.jpg
    764.7 KB · Views: 176
  • 20130916_215509.jpg
    20130916_215509.jpg
    729.5 KB · Views: 179
Upvote 0
Way out there, but maybe an old champagne cork,metal and wood(possibly cork) could be from the shipwreck ARRC spoke of.The cork could be fossilized?????????Just a guess.

Upvote 0
if the,"wood"is actually leather it may designate a volunteer 8th.I have had no luck locating yet but does have a militia design,"feel"to it.possibly foreign too

Upvote 0
Never mind. I misunderstood the above post. And then I re-read it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like a ole ford v8 emblem vanzutphen.Hub nut cover..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like a ole ford v8 emblem vanzutphen.

Yeah, sort of. But it's not right. I'm pretty sure it's circled with a "G" Unfortunately there were over 50 car manufacturers that have started with "G" over the years. A lot of them went out of business before V8 engines were being offered but that still leaves a dozen or more possibilities.

And maybe it's an emblem from a boat manufacturer. That adds substantially to the number of possible companies this logo might belong to.

Add in that Bigfoot1 might be right that it's military related and it adds up to a lot of stuff to look at.

Upvote 0
I agree it's not Ford but on the right track with Autos I think. I sent it out to the car Gurus and they don't recognize it either.

Its Neato mosquito though

Upvote 0
Wow didnt realize how much feed back I would get.. thank you all so much, two years I have non stop searching my treasure ... ive brought this to many many Auto, Boat, bottle cap, symbol guru's, noone has ever seen it. ...It has been the so exciting trying to find its origins. Idk When the day does come and I do find out.. I dont know if ill be releaved or bummed out that my adventure is over.. lol thanks again everyone

Upvote 0
"Wow didnt realize how much feed back I would get."

Welcome to TNet

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back