🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Help me identify the artist

Stacyphi

Jun 16, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
E62B7A8B-81FF-46E3-829C-37268D8E11B6.jpeg
I found this painting in the trash, it looks very old, the nails holding down the canvas Look very old and are slightly different sizes it’s signed ‘G Powell’. I’m thinking early 1900s? But I could be very wrong lol

Any insight as always is appreciated

I’m familiar with an artist who signed G Powell, from 1880s-1900. However the G doesn’t resemble the style on your picture. Yours is a bucolic scene; very nice. Good luck.

Upvote 0
A few minutes on Google finds artists named George Powell, Gerard Powell, G. Powell Harding. Unfortunately, the painting you have is not consistent with the style or subject matter of any.

Upvote 3
It is a print because you cannot see actual brush marks. It looks deliberately reproduced to look like a 1940-1970 common style I grew up with as a child. The quality of representation shows the artist wasn't very far along in training. If I find the originator of the mass produced much more representational to life-style which usually has a barn, horses, buggies, and children in it, I will add it in for you.

Could you possibly zoom in and get a close up image of the signature?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is a print because you cannot see actual brush marks. It looks deliberately reproduced to look like a 1940-1970 common style I grew up with as a child. The quality of representation shows the artist wasn't very far along in training. If I find the originator of the mass produced much more representational to life-style which usually has a barn, horses, buggies, and children in it, I will add it in for you.

Actually you can see and feel the brush marks lol the paint is even raised and piled up in multiple places but thanks

Upvote 0

And it’s not your standard 70s raised canvas made to look like brush marks I know what you’re talking about however this is not that

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back