Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,

So far I think I've been able to identify all the little doodads in the little plastic bags (mostly underwater stuff) that came with the Deus II... except this...
DSCN5303.JPG

I expect it has to do with fastening something to something else, but it looks kind of fragile and I didn't want to break it. The plastic blobby thing is ~0.875" (22 mm) long.

THX

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably for holding your cable to the shaft.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,

So far I think I've been able to identify all the little doodads in the little plastic bags (mostly underwater stuff) that came with the Deus II... except this...
View attachment 2121756
I expect it has to do with fastening something to something else, but it looks kind of fragile and I didn't want to break it. The plastic blobby thing is ~0.875" (22 mm) long.

THX
That is the RC lanyard that everybody with a D1 wanted but didn't have. Loop it through the two squarish holes on the bottom of the RC, and around the top of the shaft so if your RC bumps off, it will still hang there instead of dropping off and getting lost in the woods.

OP
OP
Bucket Lister

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is the RC lanyard that everybody with a D1 wanted but didn't have. Loop it through the two squarish holes on the bottom of the RC, and around the top of the shaft so if your RC bumps off, it will still hang there instead of dropping off and getting lost in the woods.
Wow. That flimsy little piece of thread:icon_scratch:
I hope it didn't break their budget. ::)
Cheaper than a better (more secure) attachment system, I guess. In a way, I can see a breakaway attachment might be better than one that will snap-off or break the unit, but I gotta think there's a better way... 🤔

I just tried attaching it; could barely get one loop over the end of the shaft (sans cap). I can't say it inspired much any confidence.

I don't have enough experience yet to decide how I'll be using it. Might use the belt case, keep the RC in a pocket, or anchor it to the shaft with a zip-tie or 2.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi,

View attachment 2121756

THX
Personally I have no reason to use it, as the remote has never came disconnected from the stem.
If you think their version is too Mickey Mouse then you could go for the upgraded version when you go out for a walk.

Screen Shot 2024-01-03 at 11.44.04 AM.png

OP
OP
Bucket Lister

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
🤣🤣🤣
I actually HAVE one of those--but leather!
1704307201906.jpeg

A hitchhiker (with a GSD) left it in my back seat 48 years ago. Didn't find it until a few hundred miles later. We've used it with all our dogs ever since, and it's still perfectly serviceable. 😁

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
🤣🤣🤣
I actually HAVE one of those--but leather!
View attachment 2123913

A hitchhiker (with a GSD) left it in my back seat 48 years ago. Didn't find it until a few hundred miles later. We've used it with all our dogs ever since, and it's still perfectly serviceable. 😁
It is actually called a panic strap.. we have them on many of our horse leads...

Micheal
9545484_c0c3.jpg

OP
OP
Bucket Lister

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest: