Help Identify This Old Farm Mower/Cutter (Maybe?)

EagleRare

Apr 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug up these pieces in the back woods of my home's lot in northern New England. Both were about half buried. My lot is mostly a giant flat field with some woods leading to an old stone wall. I think at one time it could have been a crop field.

From preliminary research (read: Google), it seems to be some sort of field mower. The closest I could find to it is the McCormick-Deering Mowers but they usually attach as a sickle at one end and this has a big central attachment as well as what seems to be a hand crank in the middle. I brushed some rust off around the middle of the handle and it shines as a silver color. The part with teeth is exactly 3 feet wide.

Does anyone know the exact make/model of these pieces, what they could attach to and roughly what year/decade they are? There are NO makers' marks or manufacturers' symbols anywhere on it. I'm so curious about this piece and am frustrated that I can't find anything really similar online. Thank you so much for reading this post.

IMG_6679.JPG 11130399_780257261177_3395355428868037614_o.jpg

Not for a Gravely, they have a gearbox that the attachments bolt directly to.

Upvote 0
Thank you all - so far I've looked at both brands mentioned and while the Bradley looks somewhat similar, I don't see any that have this odd semi-circle attachment part and hooks. Maybe it's an earlier model? I'm quite curious to know the year/decade and the manufacturer, even if I can't find the exact model.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back