Help identify plz

Jake the rock newb

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20181211_134158.jpg

I live 30 north of Atlanta, Ga. Found this hunting through a small stream. Believe its flint but I cant find anything online that closely resembles it. Could really use some help.

It appears to be either glass slag or metal-refining slag... a byproduct of the refining process, consisting of impurities which are skimmed off of the top of the vat of molten material, and discarded.

Going through a spell of not feeling well again, but speaking up because you said you found your maybe-Flint mystery object in a small stream "30 miles north of Atlanta"... where I was born-&-raised, and did a lot of rock-hounding from there northward into extreme NW Georgia. Natural flint is not found so close to Atlanta... you have to go a fair distance further north for that, up to around Cartersville and beyond.

Upvote 0
I have over 100 of these this being the largest I'll post some more photos of them bc thet all vary in textures and types. I looked up slag glass and it seems to be the closest with blue ore slag glass but still not quite the same look or quite the color. Thanks guys for the info

Upvote 0
The outer layer of some of these have an almost concrete texture and the inside is glass like forsure. I'll post some

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back