Help ID a button?

Mighty_Mouse

Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT Pro, HeadHunter Pirate
Found this button with the statue of liberty on it when i was out digging bottles. I ran across a huge bottle dump on the side of a hill in PA. I spent about 3 days digging bottles. I have about 50 bottles i kept(and this was being very selective) I IDed some of the bottles and there were a few that had dates on them which made thing easy lol. The bottles dated back to about 190o maybe a bit older. I found some white glass dice and some marbles and this button. Its i belive plastic( i could be wrong though) Size is a bit bigger then a half dollar. There are 3 stones in it, 2 toward the bottom and 1 for the tourch. Also 2 holes on both sides of the statue. Any info on this would be great. thanks

Attachments

• statueofliberty.jpg
    statueofliberty.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 263
Mighty_Mouse said:
Found this button with the statue of liberty on it when i was out digging bottles. I ran across a huge bottle dump on the side of a hill in PA. I spent about 3 days digging bottles. I have about 50 bottles i kept(and this was being very selective) I IDed some of the bottles and there were a few that had dates on them which made thing easy lol. The bottles dated back to about 190o maybe a bit older. I found some white glass dice and some marbles and this button. Its i belive plastic( i could be wrong though) Size is a bit bigger then a half dollar. There are 3 stones in it, 2 toward the bottom and 1 for the tourch. Also 2 holes on both sides of the statue. Any info on this would be great. thanks
i dont have any info but nice button. i love old bottle or old dumps , love to dig. i found one posin bottle with a skull and cross bones and got 50 bucks for it and later some one told me it was worth a lot more.

Upvote 0
Actually it looks to me to be made of shell. This was fairly common before 1900. If it feels as though thats a possibility, you could heat up the tip of a pin and poke it in the back: if its plastic it will sink in, if its shell it wont. Nice design though. Yes, Jon, those old poison bottles do fetch a good price!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back