Help I.D.ing Enamled Lapel Pin...

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Help I.D.'ing Enamled Lapel Pin...

:icon_thumright:,Hello everybody !!! A good freind of mine found this pin and asked if i could help w/I.D. i did a qick search&came up w/nutta,Having many other side projects the :sign13: went off...TN !!! that is where i'll fid out what it is! So here it is,approx.size of us quarter(tad smaller),Typical screw-back,w/prong...But the letters&word SOLIDARITAT bring to mind either political or union but searchs in thos areas came up short(still havn't found my hakes political books),i've checked recent HAKES/GEPPI auctions(199&back),To me TN has the quickest,smartest,kindness,etc.So any help on this pin will be greatly appreciated! Thank's&HH ALL!!! :read2:, :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Picture 2748.jpg
    Picture 2748.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 249
  • Picture 2749.jpg
    Picture 2749.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 277
Re: Help I.D.'ing Enamled Lapel Pin...

The Workmen’s Sick and Death Benefit Fund of the United States of America (W.S. & D.B.F.) was organized on October 19, 1884. It still exists as the Workmen’s Benefit Fund of the USA. The founders of the W.S. & D.B.F. were craftsmen of all trades who emigrated to the U.S. and organized a mutual aid organization that would provide financial help for the sick, unemployed, or anyone in need of assistance.

Attachments

• 1920s WSDBF Workmens Sickness & Death Benefit Fund PIN.jpg
    1920s WSDBF Workmens Sickness & Death Benefit Fund PIN.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 422
Upvote 0

Montauk said:
The Workmen’s Benefit Fund of the United States of America was organized on
October 19, 1884 as the Workmen’s Sick and Death Benefit Fund of the United States of
America. W.S. & D.B.F. It still exists as the Workmen’s Benefit Fund of the USA. The founders of the W.S. & D.B.F. were craftsmen of all trades who emigrated to America and organized a mutual aid organization that would provide financial help for the sick, unemployed, or anyone in need of assistance.
:notworthy:,Thank you Montauk !,I told my buddy in 24hrs.or less i'd have a SOLID answer for him through TN...HH ALL !

Upvote 0

Excellent ID Montauk. HH
Doc

Upvote 0

tokenhead said:
Montauk said:
October 19, 1884 as the Workmen’s Sick and Death Benefit Fund of the United States of
America. W.S. & D.B.F. It still exists as the Workmen’s Benefit Fund of the USA. The founders of the W.S. & D.B.F. were craftsmen of all trades who emigrated to America and organized a mutual aid organization that would provide financial help for the sick, unemployed, or anyone in need of assistance.
:notworthy:,Thank you Montauk !,I told my buddy in 24hrs.or less i'd have a SOLID answer for him through TN...HH ALL !

24 hours? I kid you not, I once posted something, (a Sarah Bernhardt sash buckle, I believe), and by the time I had finished typing a comment on someone else's post, it was identified, and a duplicate photo displayed. And then there was the gun barrel. And the buttons. Etc., etc. Small, tiny fragments of genius are combined here at this site. Scary knowledge is known here.
Carl

Upvote 0

CurbdiggerCarl57 said:
tokenhead said:
Montauk said:

24 hours? I kid you not, I once posted something, (a Sarah Bernhardt sash buckle, I believe), and by the time I had finished typing a comment on someone else's post, it was identified, and a duplicate photo displayed. And then there was the gun barrel. And the buttons. Etc., etc. Small, tiny fragments of genius are combined here at this site. Scary knowledge is known here.
Carl
This is why i LOVE TN !...I have had answers within minutes of posting! HH ALL !!! :read2:, :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back