HawkRock

Tenderfoot
Oct 10, 2012
New England Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Ace 250 with Detector 13" Ultimate coil, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought a new set of waterproof headphones (garrett) with my new AT Pro machine. The volume is ear splitting and it appears that there is no volume control as with the phones sold with my Ace 250. Has anyone run into this issue before? Solution?
I actually believed there would be a volume control on these nice headphones. My ears will be ringing for the rest of the evening I fear. I would love to hear from anyone who encountered this before....

Upvote 0
I've tried many different waterproof earbuds, and H2O Audio Surge S+ are easily the best for me. Why?

For waterproof earbuds, the sounds is great. I'm not expecting Audio-Technica quality from sport earbuds, but these are surprisingly clear with good bass.
They're comfortable. The rubber fitting is way easier on the ear canal than some of those "tree" style plugs.
They are much easier to insert and remove than other brands I've tried. Again, the tree-style plugs, while super watertight, are a hassle.
The rubber fittings won't come off in your ear.
The short cable makes a big difference. You don't want to have to wrangle a lot of cord, nor have it all bunched up on your goggle strap.

The New GGA's will be in early July, right now there are only two sets made.
The New Gray Ghost Amphibians for the Garrett underwater detectors blow away the old original Gray Ghost underwaters. SPL for the new is around 92/93 and the old is 66/67. A 48% increase over the old sets. The audio is also much cleaner then the garrett blues and the Koss yellows And the good is you can adjust the audio as needed for the conditions at hand. I have been testing them for about a month now on my Garrett machines and have now installed them on the Excalibur for testing.....

Test between the Garrett Blues and the Gray Ghost Amphibians

Hunt with the Excalibur and the New GGA

compare to the Minelab Koss yellows

I tried to view your videos but their all taged private. Hope to get down your way to detect this summer as I am a maryland boy myself. I also want to try a couple of places in the area where i keep my boat in the edgewater Md area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back