Help! Found while in the Caribbean

jilecki

Jul 16, 2018
florida
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, first I am new to this site so thank you for any help that can be provided.
I was recently in the Caribbean and was walking back to my room when I noticed this in the dirt. The dirt was part of a coral wall they built years ago.
I am looking to identify and figure out how to "clean" this to find out what it actually is. I don't want to get it sparkly, just enough to get some of the growth off to help ID.

I've attached 2 pics, hopefully the came through

Thank you

Attachments

• 20180716_130426.jpg
    20180716_130426.jpg
    801.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 20180716_130353.jpg
    20180716_130353.jpg
    754.5 KB · Views: 100
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard jilecki! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - people may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved from HELP! over to Forum: What is It? for more exposure.

Upvote 0
Jilecki,
First off let me welcome you to TreasureNet.

It would help if it showed what size it is and if you can tell the metal it's made of.
To me it feels like a US Nickel, but where you found it make it unlikely.

Soak it in fresh water and pick at it with a whole bunch of toothpicks until you get it clean enough to see some detail.

Good luck... I look forward to finding out what it is.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back