HELP! found a coin

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went out 2day with desplaines bob and webee33,bob found a silver ring of coarse he seems 2 hit 1 ring a week and got a coin i think its hammered,looks gold(but no way i can't b that luckey) its the size of a nickel,on 1 side in the middle is a x but pointing n-s-e-w in between the spaces on the x are charactors 2 are i think griffens and i'm not sue of the other 2,around the edge are the words PAN + PHILIPPVO.side 2 loks like tic-tac-toe game line has numbers 1 2 can't tell last number,line 2 IS P V A LINE 3 is 7 0 0.the 2 lines standing up on the tic tac toe look likepalm or pineapple trees.around the edge it reads AEVMRBX.how do i put a picture on here so you guys could c it?

Upvote 0
Bomber,

Very interesting discovery. I just tried to draw what you described. It sounds like some kind of token. I'm really not sure what kind, just a guess. There are many members on this forum that have shown many different kinds of tokens but without a pic it will be hard to identify even for them.

I had problems at first with pictures. I think the kb (kilobyte) size limit is 140kb. You must have a digital photo saved on your computer in a file. You can use digital cameras, scanners, or even still shots from video cameras. You do of course have to have them on your computer or a disc or floppy. When you see the "attach" click browse and find the photo you want and click open.

Good luck with the detecting & with the pics,

Smartin

pbk u hit it right on the head(THANKS) but its gotta b a fake i got in it desplaines il,it weighs 6 grams.my hands r shaking,the wifes trying 2 figuer out how 2 post the pics,i'm tech challenged

sounds REALE to me ....

r any of these gold or just silver?

Hey bomber, what have you gone and done? Sounds very cool!

If it was deep say 3 to 5 inches or so and it came out looking clean gold...it's most likely gold.

Repros of Spanish coins have been made out of all metals. But this doesn't mean yours is a repro.

Actually, Spanish coins can be found most anywhere in the U.S. I have a friend who has dug several real gold coins like you described. He follows the old Spanish trails in California. But often these coins were carried all over this country.

I hope the best for you.

Whatever it turns out to be....nice find!

Badger

FOR ALL THOSE LOOKING I POSTED THE PICTURES OF IT FOR BOMBER LOOK FOR
"HELP BOMBERS FOUND COIN HAMMERED????"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back