Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 510
Welcome to Mugs! That is the life...fish for awhile....detect for awhile...fish...... :D

Hey Joe,

Great to see ya! Let's see some fish and finds. ;D

;) RR

welcome_cat_3.gif

Attachments

• welcome_cat_3.gif
    welcome_cat_3.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 441
Hi Joe, welcome to Mugs.

Pepper

Digginman said:
Good to see ya, Joe. Where was this taken??

DM

Thanks. Although I live in upstate NY my Salt fishing grounds are in NJ. That picture is on one of the beaches on Raritan Bay. Great Place for SW Fly Fishing but, I like the Ocean beaches more for MD'ing.

Good to see you Joe. Upstate NY is a great place to hunt buried metal, we've seen dozens of nice buttons dug from that area... great history up there. Happy hunting when spring finally arrives.

Welcome Joe to Mugs@TNet! 8)

My Dad grew up in Clarence Center NY, which is Buffalo area. How do you like your SandShark? Don't have a beach detector yet, but SandShark is one of the two Tesoro PIs I was considering.

Red_desert said:
Welcome Joe to Mugs@TNet! 8)

My Dad grew up in Clarence Center NY, which is Buffalo area. How do you like your SandShark? Don't have a beach detector yet, but SandShark is one of the two Tesoro PIs I was considering.

Will have to keep you posted on the Sand Shark, its real new to me and the only time I tried her it was through 9+ inchs of snow last week. I was gettin some good hits though but, will leave the yard alone to spring....

I should get one next time buy a new detector. From what I understand the printed spiral coil can detect smaller gold. Those coils on the older model manual adjust PI Tesoro had, were supposed to even be good for nugget hunting. I haven't checked in a while about what they still make (old models). See if you can detect a penny at 12" in the sand... :)

Red, I can't wait to test it out. I did a few air tests and It picks up at a good range but, I really don't put allot into air tests. I just need the weather to break and off I go. Purchased for saltwater surf but, will try it just about anywhere I can while detecting with my 70.

HEY Joel Where is Your MD ;D ;D ;D Guzz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back