Hello Mr Quartzite and others

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Whoo Wee what a day it was in the creek. Mid 30s and water still high. Had to grab my pants and pull them high and tippy toe through a couple spots to keep my below waist dry. I got to try out my new boots even though they filled with water. I always tell myself Iā€™m going to walk all the way upstream and reverse back but I never make it past the 1st bar and look anyway. In the last pic I added along the bottom all the broken tool and worked chert. I usually leave them out. I treated you this time. I was starting to think it was going to be the broke day of the year by all of the broken things I was finding. Even the Dalton was a heartbreaking experience. I finally made it all the way to the best spot feeling like I was going to get beat today. Then found some more broken points. Felt tired so I decided to call it a day and walked back through the creek same direction I came in at and saw something worked that was tan. Reached and picked it up and lo and behold I had kicked one up on the entry. Itā€™s the nicest tan whole quartzite point Iā€™ve ever found. I was all grins on my long walk back.
I also found a 1923 Christmas Coke (clear glass) which is different and an old milk bottle. I still have to look everything up.
Hereā€™s to 2024 my 1st hunt šŸ˜ƒ

Attachments

• IMG_2653.jpeg
    IMG_2653.jpeg
    580.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2654.jpeg
    IMG_2654.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2655.jpeg
    IMG_2655.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2656.jpeg
    IMG_2656.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2657.jpeg
    IMG_2657.jpeg
    267.2 KB · Views: 51
Upvote 14
Coke and milk
If anyone knows the value of the coke you can pm me Iā€™d appreciate it. Cokes are usually green so the clear glass through me off dated December 1923
Might not be a Christmas Coke idk

Attachments

• IMG_2659.jpeg
    IMG_2659.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2658.jpeg
    IMG_2658.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 27
Nice color on that quartzite point šŸ‘. Glad you got out and had productive walk. That's an interesting coke bottle and it looks to be in great shape.
Yes no cracks on either unlike the points. It is a Christmas Coke dated 12/25/23 but unusual itā€™s a clear glass. Properly owner wants the milk itā€™s from his father.

Nice finds, even with the broke points. Coca Cola used clear glass bottles in the early days before they went to the green bottles. Thanks for sharing with us.

I think the quartzite is either a Pickwick or a Kays. Itā€™s ground along the base and thatā€™s the description for Kays.
The Dalton I believe is a Wheeler which is late Paleo

Attachments

• IMG_2662.jpeg
    IMG_2662.jpeg
    338.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2661.jpeg
    IMG_2661.jpeg
    411.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2660.jpeg
    IMG_2660.jpeg
    395.5 KB · Views: 22
Solid start to the year the ids seem reasonable enough. How rare is quartzite for you?
found a tan quartzite triangle last year close to where I found this one. We have a Triangle called Woodland so it could be made by the same person. Iā€™ve found over the years in that creek big flakes of it but never anything finished until recently. Iā€™m thinking of taking all the flakes and the quartzite points and putting them together in one frame. Iā€™m sure they all are connected.

Nice finds, even with the broke points. Coca Cola used clear glass bottles in the early days before they went to the green bottles. Thanks for sharing with us.
The bottle actually has a hint of green now but itā€™s my 2nd Christmas Coke and Iā€™m keeping this one. Thanks for the replies

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back