Another hidden target

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back where I found the two-cent piece yesterday, I continued digging up nails. And pretty much in the same location as the two cent piece I manage to pull out another target that was completely obscured. Just leaves me wondering how something that big could be completely masked.

Spoon 092924.jpg

Granted it was crumpled into a ball, I had to flatten out. But I would imagine it would be even more detectable as a ball. I believe it is silver. Looks like mom gave it to one of the kids to go pound on rocks. Absolutely beat to crap. Yet no base metal showing through, just that silvery luster and a bit of tarnish.

Spoon ID 092924.jpg

Hallmark indicates Lee & Brother. There is a "5" in front of the hallmark...not sure what it means, but no stamped indication of the material.

PBS

Upvote 13
Back where I found the two-cent piece yesterday, I continued digging up nails. And pretty much in the same location as the two cent piece I manage to pull out another target that was completely obscured. Just leaves me wondering how something that big could be completely masked.

View attachment 2171581

Granted it was crumpled into a ball, I had to flatten out. But I would imagine it would be even more detectable as a ball. I believe it is silver. Looks like mom gave it to one of the kids to go pound on rocks. Absolutely beat to crap. Yet no base metal showing through, just that silvery luster and a bit of tarnish.

View attachment 2171582

Hallmark indicates Lee & Brother. There is a "5" in front of the hallmark...not sure what it means, but no stamped indication of the material.

PBS
very cool recovery. i've seen spoons in pretty bad shape, but not from rock pounding 😊 just never know what you are going to find. wtg

Nice work
Congratulations

Not sure if this is the correct maker.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back