Hello from WNC

Snuffy

Jan 16, 2015
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, HF 9 function
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy to all. I am 54 years old and came across this site during my internet prospecting. I live about halfway between Charlotte and Asheville. I am new to treasure hunting. I ordered a gold panning kit and I am excited and looking forward to using it on the small creek on my property. I am about an hour away from the Thermal City Gold Mine at Polly Spout; if anyone has any experience from them I would like to know. The only metal detector experience I have is I bought a cheap device from Radio Shack 20 years ago for my son. I went to the local flea market and purchased some old coins and hid then for him to find. I have always wanted a "serious" metal detector but have never pursued one.

Snuffy

Last edited:
hello Snuffy, great to have you on board

metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: North Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Wel-come aboard ... :hello:

Hello Snuffy, and welcome to the best forums on the internet. I think now that you have joined this amazing forum, it will do nothing but pour fuel on your fire on getting a decent detector! Good luck, and happy hunting!

Sluice

Hello and welcome...joined up myself yesterday. I'm in Greenville, NC which is about 1 1/2 hours east of Raleigh. I first moved to NC from WV in 1993 and lived 10 years in the Hickory area before moving to Greenville. I miss the western part of the state...not a lot of trout fishing here.

Hello Snuffy,

Welcome to the forum! Great information and helpful advice can be found on this site!

Regards,

Welcome to TNet! I am a Charlotte based MDer. GL&HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back