Hello from new member

lucial

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2024
Hi all. I’m 58 and have been in clean up and clear out mode for a few years. I have unearthed some wonderful treasures given or left to me by various relatives over the years. Some items have collected dust for decades and I’m wanting to learn more. My husband said I’ve finally turned into a nerd after living with him for so long. I’ve spent so many hours researching various items but some are simply over my head and I hoped to reach out to those of you who might know more to try to learn more about my items. Thank you for your time.

My first question is about this set of antique Italian figural lace placemats and tablecloth. I’ve found many similar but only one set that has the names of the historical figures worked into the lace under their likeness. I reached out to that auction house hoping to have some light shed on these but got no response. Does anyone know how I might properly identify these? Thank you.
IMG_1574.png

Attachments

• IMG_1577.jpeg
    IMG_1577.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1575.jpeg
    IMG_1575.jpeg
    263.5 KB · Views: 8
Upvote 0
If they are an item you do not know what it is... Post in section " What is it"

For worth post in section " what is it worth".
Welcome and good luck!

Upvote 0
So sad! I wrote out a lengthy post about my first item/items to ask about but got an alert that my file was too long when I tried to attach photos!

Attachments

• IMG_1574.png
    IMG_1574.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
I know this is Italian figural lace but it is different than most I see due to the names of the historical figures being worked into the lace

Attachments

• IMG_1577.jpeg
    IMG_1577.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
I have seen only one other set, from an Italian auction house. It sold for a significant amount of money but it did not provide any Information on its history, or why it is so much higher priced than other similar ones I’ve seen

Attachments

• IMG_1575.jpeg
    IMG_1575.jpeg
    263.5 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
Lucial WELCOME to Treasurenet and enjoy :)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back