Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• ice chunk res.jpg
    ice chunk res.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 888
This was taken at the base of the Tuckerman ravine headwall on Mt Washington in New Hampshire. The ice chunk was the remains of a giant ice arch that forms every winter at the ravine headwall and is usually melted by June.

Shaw - the avatar picture is from the last time we went ice climbing, right here in CT

I was one of prob a few who skied from the top of Mt Washington down the headwall into the ravine U only wanna do that once the inclive is a 65 degree pitch I do believe maybe steeper
we used to head up there every spring to ski the ravine and mt what a view from up there never did take the cog RR trip always drove and that's an adventure also coming down u have to let the brakes cool off unbelievable is the car races they used to have up it and even foot races
for note the highest winds ever recorded were from up there in the weather shack they also have rescue shacks up there for stranded hikers
one year we (buddy of mine and myself) drove up to ski the mountain and parked our camper just below the tree line (they will not on occasion let u camp on the summit) it was raining hard next thing we knew we were awakened by two young women knocking on our car window to let them come in they were cold and drenched hehhhh hehhhh I mean how could we say no and let them freeze in that wet clothing
but the view like i said from Mt Washington to beautiful its the highest peak in easten US

Glad you saved the town too. :thumbsup: Welcome to T-Net and mugs, looking forward to seeing some of your finds. Good Luck & Happy Hunting.

:wink: RR

Welcome8.gif

Great picture! Welcome to Mugs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back