Hello everyone I put a post up on todays finds about this ring I found it at the sam

holeDiver

Dec 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone I put a post up on today's finds about this ring I found it at the sam

ega7e9yj.jpg
utubu4u2.jpg

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk

Vary nice thank you, an your ring is also vary nice. I am so happy this site is producing so much from the same era

Upvote 0
I have made over a hundred of the twist rings, and hundreds of twist bracelets too. No real way to date it. Twist rings and bracelets are also common projects in jewelry making classes. Breezie, they still make bracelets and rings exactly like yours today. Unless there is an identifiable maker's mark there is no way to positively ID when they were made. Just because a similar common item is shown in an old catalog doesn't mean that all that will be seen are from the age of the catalog. Metalsmiths have been making these type of pieces for hundreds of years (they are simple to make), and they are made all over the world to this day.

Upvote 0
I agree with gunsil. The first ring I made in jewelry class was a twist ring (First one was copper, second one was silver).

Upvote 0
See that's why I put the picture of the ring on my thumb with the ring showing where it was fused together I don't know if maybe the way they did it has changed or has stayed the same I haven't found any other markings on it but I thank you very much for the history lesson on rings thank you

Upvote 0
I also found this ring in about a 20-yard diameter Square as I did find those copper coins and flat buttons maybe that could help me with dating it but like you said they still make those today so I may never know thank you:D

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back