Hell yeah it came today...

want2skydive

Jan 12, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I attached one of those head lamps to an wide elastic band that slips on my wrist and shines on my screen, M6 doesn't have a back light either.

How far ahead of you do you have the coil?? I use my AT Pro almost vertically, coil just barely ahead of my feet and don't have an angle problem with the screen. If you have it too far out in front it will tire you quickly too. Your arm should be straight down, a little forward to clear your feet, no bend in the elbow, and you should see the screen OK. Yeah, a backlit screen would be nice but my Safari doesn't have one either, and the tones on either machine are more important than the screen read-outs anyways. You have a great machine there, just use it and learn it and don't worry about the lack of lighting. Oh yeah, gotta use Pro mode to learn the tones, standard mode doesn't give you the big difference in tones.

Last edited:
I liked your post because it is good that it will be difficult for you to actually read the screen easily as you are only a noob and looking at the screen is right out of the question for you at this time. Look at the screen only after you have learned the sounds.

Thanks for all that advice guys. I got the machine but this stuff called work keeps getting in the way. Don't they know I have better things to do?

Got my new AT Pro last week but here in MN it will probably April or May before I can use it.:BangHead:

Ive used mine with no light many times... works just fine once you learn the tones. 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back