🔎 UNIDENTIFIED heightIt's 2 inches in diameter and is half inch to 3/4 of an inch in height

Here's the rest of the OPs post.

expand...

Hi everyone I'm Robert Audirsch I'm new here but I have a thing for neat and unusual things that you don't see everyday and I came across this round sphere shaped object it was actually in a friend of mines yard where the rain has been washing away the dirt for several years now but it to me looks like some kind of piece of weaponry and as far as size goes I laid it on a tape measure and it's a 1/2 in. Widei would really like to know more about it and if it would be worth me having it checked out also where where I would go to have it checked out I live near Shreveport Louisiana.

He posted on the purported cannon ball (Which wasn't a cannon ball) post, then posted the dimensions on a new post.

Attachments

• 17041684524803388711416182497700.jpg
    17041684524803388711416182497700.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20240107_142323_1.jpg
    IMG_20240107_142323_1.jpg
    521.3 KB · Views: 16
Upvote 0
Here's the rest of the OPs post.

expand...

Hi everyone I'm Robert Audirsch I'm new here but I have a thing for neat and unusual things that you don't see everyday and I came across this round sphere shaped object it was actually in a friend of mines yard where the rain has been washing away the dirt for several years now but it to me looks like some kind of piece of weaponry and as far as size goes I laid it on a tape measure and it's a 1/2 in. Widei would really like to know more about it and if it would be worth me having it checked out also where where I would go to have it checked out I live near Shreveport Louisiana.

He posted on the purported cannon ball (Which wasn't a cannon ball) post, then posted the dimensions on a new post.

Half inch is .50 cal. Depending on the era it should be slightly smaller diameter than exactly 50, put the calipers on it. Could be old or just a modern muzzleloader ball. I have them. But I shoot in line high twist modern sabots. Could have been shot or not. A smooth bore with a patch and no rifling. Stuff it back down the bore and shoot it :)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back